2020 DIRECTOR SEARCH
Executive and Musical Director Search
Executive and Musical Director Position Overview:
Sing Out Loud! seeks a new Executive and Musical Director to lead the organization and top level choir beginning with the 2020 Concert Season and beyond.
The Ideal Candidate
Sing Out Loud! is seeking a vibrant Executive and Musical Director who is comfortable working with young women and is prepared to collaborate with the choristers to uphold high standards of excellence in singing. The ideal Executive and Artistic Director must be a highly skilled communicator and have a passion for women's empowerment and outreach. The Executive and Artistic Director will drive musical and artistic decisions and performances, and collaborate with the choir’s staff to plan, market and promote performances among our growing audience and wider arts community in the Twin Cities, Midwest and nationally. The ideal candidate will recognize that our singers are lifelong learners who wish to continue learning about the art and science of singing, vocal technique, intonation, tone production, diction and vowels. The Executive and Artistic Director will prepare for weekly rehearsals and bring a positive, energetic, consistent, collaborative, and genuine spirit to rehearsals and concerts.
· Excellent musicianship and knowledge of singing/conducting/rehearsal technique and choral repertoire
· Minimum education: Bachelor’s degree in music or a related field
· 5+ years of experience directing/working with a choir
· Ability to effectively communicate and work with young singers
· Keyboard proficiency desirable but not required
Duties include but are not limited to:
· Manage the Chorus administratively and artistically
· Conduct the Bella Voce Young Women’s Choir in all performances and regular weekly rehearsals (Sunday evenings)
· Select and program performance material that is both challenging and appropriate to the artistic goals of the organization;
· Plan and execute an annual performance schedule including primary concert series (December and May), collaborations and outreach performances;
· Audition and select chorus members, section leaders and soloists
· Attend monthly Board of Director meetings and oversee/assist with operating plan and budgets
Application must be submitted by Wednesday, January 15, 2020. Application must include:
Resume or Curriculum vitae with three references; and
Sample video or digital sound recording from a recent rehearsal OR performance (10 minutes max)
Please send application by January 15, 2020 electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org
Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.